Maryland residents 18 years of age and older who are affected by one of the following conditions are eligible for legal medical cannabis treatment in Maryland:
- Cachexia (Wasting Syndrome)
- Chronic or severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Minors with qualifying conditions may also be registered as medical cannabis patients, so long as they have a parent or legal guardian registered as a caregiver. Unfortunately, legal medical cannabis is only available to Maryland residents at this time.
Interested in getting a Medical Marijuana Patient Card? Here’s how to do it.
Maryland law allows prospective patients to take either of these two steps first:
1. Register online at https://mmcc.health.maryland.gov/Registry/LandingPage.aspx
To do so, you will need:
- A scan/photo of a valid, government-issued ID card (driver’s license, military ID rrent address, other or passport accepted) – If your ID does not contain your cu documents may be needed to verify.
- A valid email address
- The last four digits of your social security number
- A shoulders-up, passport-size square photo, ranging from 600×600 to 1200×1200. ( No hats or glasses permitted. )
- More information regarding required medical records and other necessary documents available at: http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/home.aspx
- After online registration, please allow up to 5-10 business days to receive your 16-digit Patient ID number.
2. Alternatively, patients can choose to visit a medical cannabis certification prior to registering with the state commission. Patients will need to bring valid medical records confirming a history with their qualifying co receive your certification.
While registration with the state is free of charge, individual certification centers will each charge their own fees for your appointments.
Additionally, patients who have received their certification can optionally choose to have a Patient ID card printed by the state commission, for an additional fee of $50. After receiving both your Patient ID number and your doctor’s certification, you will immediately be ready to visit your choice of dispensary and make your first selection of medicine! Be sure to always have your government-issued ID and doctor’s certification with you during your dispensary visits.
There are no membership fees. Harvest is open to all qualifying patients.